What is love? I once asked someone I respect the difference between like and love. He gave me different perceptions to it. But I realise there’s a thin line between the two, that’s why we make so many mistakes in life. Technology is driving us towards making instant decision for instance promises of pleasure that won’t last forever.
To love and be loved is the biggest need but we don’t know how to love and give love, we confuse one for the other. One of the biggest mistakes we make is carrying the pains from previous relationship and bringing them into a new person. You approach each person with the pains of the last person which doesn’t make sense. That is why we always struggle to have an intimate connection with the person we love.
Before you get carried away with love please what are you attracted to? Below are the five types off attraction.
TYPES OF ATTRACTION
- Physical attraction
- Financial/wealth attraction
- Mental attraction
- Emotional attraction and
- Spiritual attraction
PHYSICAL ATTRACTION: This is when we get attracted to his or her physical appearance such as their physic, beauty or handsomeness.
FINANCIAL/WEALTH ATTRACTION: Is all about liking what they own, have and achieved. You like that she went to a prestigious university, she’s the youngest CEO at 25, a super-model etc liking their status.
MENTAL ATTRACTION: This is when you are attracted to people mental ability. It’s when you are attracted to someone’s mind, you just love the way they think, articulate themselves etc.
EMOTIONAL ATTRACTION: This is when you are attracted to someone’s emotional intelligence, they are caring, compassionate, supportive, have good trait etc
SPIRITUAL ATTRACTION: This is when you are connected to that person’s value on a very deep level.
Physical, Financial and Mental attraction can be equated to body chemistry while Emotional and Spiritual attraction can be equated to compatibility. Again, we make the mistakes of confusing compatibility for chemistry. We struggle to find out whether we have capability, connection, or spark with someone because most of our visions are what we consume on social media.
Another biggest pressure we make in our relationships is that we expect our partners to be what we want them to be, the most perfect and effortless being in the world. Guess what? They CAN’T be perfect and neither can you. Chemistry is such a powerful force that many confuse with compatibility. To love and be loved, we need all the types of attraction.
What you shouldn’t take for granted is the ability to love the other person the way they are. Love is not perfect; it isn’t a feeling but a commitment to love every day. You want somebody to never give up on you, and love you unconditionally then do same. Be the change; love someone when you don’t want to, when they aren’t the easiest to deal with, when they are hard to love, that’s the real deal!
Lives could be saved and lived better if people loved each other more. Whatever you want to be, fight for it.
Clink on the link to watch full video
WAYS TO EXPRESS YOUR LOVE
Whether you’re in a romantic relationship or not, February is a good time to honor the concept of love to create and nurture abundant love in your life. Love is expressive, don’t just say it but express it by:
1. Offer the gift of listening.
2. Say please and thank you.
3. Always tell your loved ones how much you love and appreciate them. A little expression of love goes a long way. Many are guilty of taking people for granted, so this is a good opportunity to acknowledge those who have impacted our lives in ways we can’t explain and those we could not live without.
4. Offer to help someone in need. There’s always someone who needs something out there. Helping others is one of the best ways to make you feel happy. The person you help could be a close friend, neighbor, senior citizen, or challenged individual.
5. Write a letter or send a card to someone you love and mail it. You’d be surprised by how much people appreciate this gesture. So many of us have gotten into the habit of exclusively sending e-mails, and forgot the era of handwritten love letters and handmade cards.
6. Write your loved ones a poem of gratitude. Writing a poem is easier for some people than for others. Start by making a list of the reasons you love these individuals, how you met them and what you hope your future together will look like.
7. Practice the art of forgiveness. We often have little spats with loved ones, but as they say, “Pick your fights.” Try to release anger and frustration so that you can adopt a more positive attitude. Learn to always forgive; it’s a sign of love.
Love is an energy that is meant to be shared. Nothing make the world a better place than loving others genuinely and sharing LOVE!
In all you do, love yourself, be sincere about your feelings and don’t waste your love on people who don’t deserve it or deserve you.
Share your experience, suggestions, thoughts etc with us in the comment section or via email. Don’t forget to share, like and follow me on all social media platforms.
Theresa Moses, a.k.a Tessy Gold a.k.a Adorable is a creative journalist with an extraordinary personality. Sharing Your Thoughts is aimed to inspire you to be unique. It’s the thought that counts!
Phone: +234-803-449-9132; E-mail: email@example.com; Instagram: allurabletessy; LinkedIn: Theresa Moses; Twitter: @moses_theresa; Facebook: Theresa Moses
Share your story or I Witness Reports with us 24/7 via: SMS: +234 (0)9076248001
Whatsapp: +234(0)8072022024, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, follow us on our social media platform: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook:@Gatmash and Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: Gatmash TV. Gatmash News is one of the most sought- after news portals, with increasing audience, exclusive breaking news and reports across the globe. Plus more. Website: www.gatmash.com
For advert placement, contact us today via email: email@example.com or call our hotlines on Tel: +234(0)9076248001